Use FSA/HSA cards before the end of the year!  Save up to $50 off prescription orders!

(+1)888-223-2669  CONTACT US

0item(s)

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

   Lens Color Information

Switch Lens Technology

There are a lot of things you can't control in life.  Light isn't one of them.  Here are Four things Switch lenses do.

1.  Switch Eliminates dangerous UV light
Ultraviolet light is not visible, but repeated exposure can cause serious damage to the eye.  Switch lenses eliminate 100% of all three forms of harmful UV light, each of which poses a danger to your eyes and the sensitive skin surrounding them. 

2. Switch polarized lenses eliminate blinding glare
Glare occurs when sunlight reflects off shiny surfaces such as water, ice, glass, asphalt or metal, causing the wavelengths to concentrate into a single horizontal plane.  This creates intensely bright polarized light which dramatically reduces the ability to see properly.  This makes it extremely hazardous to drive or engage in fast motion sports when glare is present.  Switch Polarized lenses eliminate blinding glare by stripping out the concentrated rays of light before they reach the eye.  This makes it easier to see deeper into the water in a stream, lake or ocean, and more clearly through the reflections on a window or windshield.

3.  Switch Lenses rebalance colors to improve vision. 
Switch lenses manage the mix of different colors entering the eye to improve vision.  Switch offers a wide range of lenses because different sports and light conditions demand different lens solutions.  Vision can be improved b reducing the amount of blue light entering the eye because blue light is difficult to focus and stimulates lower resolution color receptors.  The eye uses about 125-130 million neurons to perceive light, of which only 6-7 million are sensitive to color.  Of these, 98% are red or green sensitive, and are concentrated in the small area of the retina that provides the highest definition vision. The remaining 2% are blue sensitive and provide lower definition vision.  The Switch Light Management systems provides lenses that reduce the proportion of blue light entering the eye relative to red and green light as the total amount of visible light decreases.  Increasing color contrast improves visual acuity, particularly in lower light conditions.

4.  Switch lenses manage the total amount of light entering the eyes.  Switch lenses are designed to manage the total amount of light entering the eye to provide better vision and greater comfort.  Bright, sunny days wiht intense light and bright surroundings like the beach, snow, or concrete require lenss that block 88% to 90% of incoming light.  The remaining 10% to 10% of transmitted light provides sharp, comfortable vision.  Moderately bright days, or bright sunny days with surroundings that tend to absorb light, such as trees, fields and dark buildings, require lenses that block about 80 to 85% of incoming light. This eliminates the need to lift sunglasses to peer into a shadow while enabling comfortable vision in direct sun. Most sunglasses are too dark to provide acceptable vision in haze, hade, low and changeable light conditions. Lenses that block about 70% to 75% of the incoming light tend to strike the perfect balance between providing good sun protection while still being able to see into shadows and haze. 

 

Switch Glare Management Lens Systems include:

(1) one of the two Switch Polarized Lenses described below, (2) the Switch Sun Lens that complements the light transmission and color contrast of the Switch Polarized Lens, and (3) the low light Rose Amber lens.

 

Switch Polarized True Gray Lens
Switch Polarized True Gray LensPolarized True Color Grey
lenses are for extreme glare and intense sun. This lens eliminates glare while producing natural looking colors. It is an excellent lens for mountain, desert, snow, beach and water sports, as well as general purpose use in bright conditions. By blocking 90% of visible light, this is the perfect lens for the harshest light conditions. The back of the lens is protected by an anti-reflective coating to prevent vision obscuring back reflections. This lens is protected by TriGuard™, a patented thin-film coating that resists scratching, causes water to bead up and run off, and is easy to clean. Blocks 100% UV. Available in Reflection Silver and Reflection Blue mirrors.

 

switch contrast bronze lensPolarized Contrast Amber lenses are for intense glare and bright to moderate sun. This lens eliminates glare while enhancing color contrast to make colors more vivid and to see objects more clearly. It is an excellent lens for mountain, snow, beach and water sports,as well as general purpose use in a range of light conditions. By allowing in 85% of available light, this lens will enable you to see into shadows without lifting the sunglass. The back of the lens is protected by an anti-reflective coating to prevent vision obscuring back reflections. This lens is protected by TriGuard™, a patented thin-film coating that resists scratching, causes water to bead up and run off, and is easy to clean. Blocks 100% UV. Available in Reflection Bronze mirror.

 

True Color Grey lenses are for intense to bright light. This lens provides clear, crisp vision and natural-looking colors. It is an excellent lens for mountain, desert, and snow sports, as well as general purpose use in bright conditions. By blocking 90% of visible light, it is the perfect lens for intense sun. This lens is protected by TriGuard™, a patented thin-film coating that resists scratching, causes water to bead up and run off, and is easy to clean. Blocks 100% UV. Available in Reflection Silver and Reflection Blue mirrors.

 

Contrast Amber lenses lenses are for bright to moderate light. This lens enhances color contrast to make colors more vivid and to see objects more clearly. Reds, yellows, oranges and greens will “pop” from the background. Light blue sky will appear darker, and distant clouds and ridge lines will be more visible. This is an excellent lens for mountain, snow, running, hiking and cycling, as well as general purpose use in a range of light conditions. By allowing in 85% of available light, this lens will enable you to see into shadows without lifting the sunglass. This lens is protected by TriGuard™, a patented thin-film coating that resists scratching, causes water to bead up and run off, and is easy to clean. Blocks 100% UV. Available in Reflection Bronze mirror.

Switch Rose amber lenses
Rose Amber lenses are for haze, as well as moderate, low and changeable light. The Switch Rose Amber lens pumps up color contrast by eliminating a high percentage of blue light, yet maintains an attractive rose amber tint when looking through the lens. Reds, oranges and yellows are much more vivid, making objects easier to see. By blocking only 72% of incoming light, the Rose Amber lens will enable you to see details in shadows without lifting your sunglass, whether you are in a forest or in the shady side of a mountain or skyscraper. This is a great lens for driving, running, hiking and biking.  This lens is protected by TriGuard™, a patented, thin-film coating that withstands rough handling, causes water to bead up and run off, and is easy to clean.


Specialty Lenses:

Switch Specialty lenses

 

Switch Golf/Tennis lens: Green:  Increases the contrast and visibility of white and yellow objects (like fast-moving balls) against blue and green backgrounds on sunny days.  Blocks 79% of visible light; 100% UV
Switch Driver Lens:  Rose Amber with Bronze Gradient.  Ideal for drivers and pilots.  For moderate, changeable, flat and low light.  See details in dark shadows.  boosts color contrast, makes traffic signals and brake lights easier to see.  Bronze gradient mirror blocks light from above (the windshield) while allowing more light in from below (dash).  Blocks 80% of visible light, 100% UV.
Switch Ski-Low Light Lens: Yellow:  Dramatically improves vision in flat light and cloudy conditions so that moguls and uneven snow and ice stand out instead of fading into distinctive white on white.  Blocks 25% of visible light; 100% UV.
Switch Trial Lens:  Amber Orange:  Ideal for trail running, hiking and mountain biking in shady and changeable light conditions.  Increases contrast to define contours on rough terrain in varying light conditions.  Blocks 56% of visible light; 100% UV.
Switch Speed Lens:  Rose Red:  Ideal for cycling and motion sports.  Maximizes contrast and visibility of traffic and brake lights, branches, stones and other hazards on the road ahead, increasing safety.  Blocks 60% of visible light, 100% UV.